Head, HSBC Securities Services Operations
HSBC Global Banking and Markets
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is transforming the shared services market, taking business process automation to the next level and redefining labor and location strategies through the advent of the virtual workforce. But using RPA platforms to create automations is the easy part – the challenge lies in shepherding the transition to an automation-enabled operating model and to then manage the new environment to ensure responsiveness to constantly changing business requirements.
This workshop will open with an overview presentation and interactive group discussion on the top challenges to operationalising RPA, including case studies on how to overcome them. Get to discuss and learn:
- Collaboration with IT on architecture, infrastructure, security and change management
- Communication planning, stakeholder management and organisational redesign
- Governance, compliance, controls, audit and measuring success
- Organisation structure, roles, responsibilities, skillsets, service delivery methodology and interface to business/operations for RPA deployment
11:10 AM Distinguishing between the RPA hype and reality – The practical deployment of robotics in financial services
· Embracing the bottoms-up approach for RPA and automation
· Mapping the right process and right degree of standardisation for effective outcomes
· Changing algorithms and workflows in the automation environment
· Navigating challenges involved with enterprise legacy
12:40 PM “Next step forward” Panel Discussion Maximising possibilities and navigating challenges for Shared Services in the era of Intelligent Automation
Following the 3 case studies, our presenters will participate on this 30-minute panel, and will focus on lessons learnt from their automation journey.
· Reviewing lessons learnt from automation projects
· Evaluating project risks involved, and how we can overcome them
· The hottest issue – How can we accelerate automation in a sustainable manner?
· Will Intelligent Automation be the answer to high talent attrition in Malaysia’s Shared Services market?