Post-Conference Workshops - 4th May 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am Learning Visit: Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
As the leading telecommunications provider in Malaysia, innovation is critical to the success of Digi Telecommunications. Join us this year on an unprecedented Learning Visit as we take a trip down to their office and find out how they keep their employees engaged and empowered through their “Freedom to Learn and Freedom to Innovate”!
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Workshop B - Embarking on Your RPA Journey: Planning, Execution and AdoptionVikram Bose - Head, HSBC Securities Services Operations, HSBC Global Banking and Markets
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is transforming the shared services market, taking business process automation to the next level and redefining labor and location strategies through the advent of the virtual workforce. But using RPA platforms to create automations is the easy part – the challenge lies in shepherding the transition to an automation-enabled operating model and to then manage the new environment to ensure responsiveness to constantly changing business requirements.
This workshop will open with an overview presentation and interactive group discussion on the top challenges to operationalising RPA, including case studies on how to overcome them. Get to discuss and learn:
- Collaboration with IT on architecture, infrastructure, security and change management
- Communication planning, stakeholder management and organisational redesign
- Governance, compliance, controls, audit and measuring success
- Organisation structure, roles, responsibilities, skillsets, service delivery methodology and interface to business/operations for RPA deployment
Vikram BoseHead, HSBC Securities Services Operations
HSBC Global Banking and Markets
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm Workshop C - An A-Z Guide to Achieving Continuous Improvement and Process ExcellencePaul Bartley - Director Global Shared Services, Becton Dickinson
We all know the story – process migration and standardisation occur at the start of your Shared Services journey; and a few years down the road, you are forced to re-evaluate existing processes, review workflows and re-think different service delivery models. Continuous improvement and process excellence are key to ensuring the sustainability of your Shared Services Centres – but how do you achieve them?
- Examine different models for ensuring processes are continuously tackled for improvement
- Participate in a "hands on" example of process improvement
- Understand how an end to end process view can jump-start your improvement efforts
- Participate in a discussion of what skills are needed to be a "process pro"
Paul BartleyDirector Global Shared Services