Conference Agenda Day 1 - 23 April 2019
8:00 am - 9:00 am Morning Refreshment and Registration
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks from Chairperson
Spotlight on Malaysia
9:10 am - 9:50 am GBS Keynote: Building a Successful GBS– Key Lessons Learnt!
· The journey from shared service to GBS
· The structure and delivery model – ascertain the maturity of GBS functions
· Managing the cultural shift from SSOs to GBSs
· GBS vs Multifunction model: What works best for Malaysia?
9:50 am - 10:30 am Benchmarking for Business Outcomes Beyond Quadrant Positioning – Smarter Blended metric comparison and AnalyticsNeeti Mahajan - Managing Director, Global Service Centre, Malaysia, HSBC
· Avoiding the “top performer bias”: Blending top quartile data with “full market view data”
· How are Malaysian SSs moving up the data analytical value chain?
· Recognising that as maturity develops, normalisation is the key
· Roadmap forecasting: Establishing the baseline and simulating future data for comparison
Neeti MahajanManaging Director, Global Service Centre, Malaysia
10:30 am - 10:35 am On-Site Polling
10:35 am - 10:50 am Speed Networking Session
10:50 am - 11:30 am Morning Break
11:30 am - 12:10 pm Panel: The Road Ahead for RPAMohd Nizam Abdul Rahim - Head of Information Technology Services, Sime Darby Global Services Centre
Paul Rodwell - Finance Director - Global Shared Services, Experian
· What are the lessons learned from RPA implementation?
· How to make an internal case for RPA and get those much needed management buy-ins?
· What are the common mistakes to avoid?
· How can companies ensure adoptability and scalability of their RPA initiative?
Mohd Nizam Abdul RahimHead of Information Technology Services
Sime Darby Global Services Centre
Paul RodwellFinance Director - Global Shared Services
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm Future Workforce Planning : Recruiting, Reskilling and Retaining your Workforce
· Developing strategic mid to senior leaders in SSO centres
· Integrating ‘learning and development’ into the shared service operation
· Succession planning and career development for building a strong leadership pipeline
· Upskilling and reskilling your talent for technology enabled roles
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
Designing Best Practices to Drive Shared Services Growth Along the Maturity Curve
HR Transformation2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study: Driving HR Transformation
· Where and how to start a digital HR journey?
· Building the capabilities to analyse, understand and interpret data
· How effective have the up-skilling programs in addressing the skill requirements?
HR Transformation2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study: Recruitment and Retention through RPA and Predictive Analysis
· Transforming data analytics results into HRSS resources
· Determining the hiring metrics such as time to hire, cost to hire and quality of hire
· Using data to facilitate talent measurements against the company’s turnover rate
HR Transformation3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Case Study: Streamlining HR Functions through Cloud Based Solutions
- Opportunities and challenges of HR systems
- Overcoming the IT and security risks
- Choosing the right cloud based system
- Ensure widespread adoption by employees
HR Transformation4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Networking Afternoon Tea
HR Transformation4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study: Innovations in Employee Engagement and Retention Strategies Carina Lim - Director of APAC Finance Shared Services, Hitachi Vantara
· Improving employee engagement and generating a modern learning environment
· Creating personalised engagement experiences at scale
· Alternative talent retention models including part-time and virtual options
Carina LimDirector of APAC Finance Shared Services
HR Transformation5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Case Study: Key Requirements for the Next Generation Workforce Sonia Gazet - Head of Human Resource, British American Tobacco
· What type of talent do we need in the next 5 years?
· What key skill is most under valued and the least available today?
· How are companies meeting the talent gap?
Sonia GazetHead of Human Resource
British American Tobacco
Finance Transformation2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Unlocking the Full Potential of Finance Shared Service
· Innovative frameworks to maximize F&A capability
· Ensuring efficiency and cost optimisation as you scale
· Creating a ‘value-add' focus among the CFO's commercial finance team
Finance Transformation2:40 pm - 3:20 pm How Can Finance Aid GBS in the Journey towards Moving to Next Level? Sherman See - Head of Finance Shared Services – APAC, Motorola Solutions
· Moving the finance function towards a business
· Implementing an enterprise-wide culture of innovation and change
· Moving away from reporting and transaction processing to generating real-time value and actionable insights
Sherman SeeHead of Finance Shared Services – APAC
Finance Transformation3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Case Study: Intelligent Automation for Value Adding Financial Transaction
- Can an effective IA eliminate the business case for BPOs?
- Setting up clear objectives, performance metrics and timelines for implementation
- Incorporating automation, virtualisation and advanced analytics
Finance Transformation4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Networking Afternoon Tea
Finance Transformation4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study: Challenges in Implementing RPA for Invoicing Processing John Ysmael O. Reyes - Business Excellence & RPA Lead, Total GSP
· Using RPA for cash and net inter-company transactions and payments
· Automating accounts payable and accounts receivables processes
· Ensuring interoperability with your ERP system
John Ysmael O. ReyesBusiness Excellence & RPA Lead
Finance Transformation5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Case Study: Leveraging on Finance Shared Service to Drive Customer Experience
· Re-engineering processes and workflows with the end-customer in mind
· Delivering greater value to customers by automating finance operations
· Outsourcing transactional activities and focusing on customer relations in SSOs
Process Excellence2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study: Building an Integrating End-to End Supply Chain
· Developing in-house capabilities vs. outsourcing the procurement function
· Getting buy-ins from the management and regional business units for creating centralised SCM centre
· Striving towards flexible, agile and more cost-effective supply chains
Process Excellence2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study: Driving Supply Chain Performance
· Separating transactional processes from core business activities
· Utilizing Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to automate and standardize order management processes
· Eliminating physical documents and implementing intelligent workflows and robotics to digitalize the procurement process
· Results achieved in terms of reduction in cost and cycle time
Process Excellence3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Enhancing IT’s Role - Creating a Robust Technology Infrastructure for your SSOs Kurt Bergmans - Head of Global IT Service Operations, British Petroleum
· Integrating cross functional processes
· Attracting and retaining IT talent
· Mitigating the risk of cybercrime, external threats and system breakdown
· Ensuring the interoperability of new technologies with the existing technology infrastructure
Kurt BergmansHead of Global IT Service Operations
Process Excellence4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Networking Afternoon Tea
Process Excellence4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study: Adding New Functions to Drive Additional Value – Why and How? Azirruan Arifin - Head of Shared Services, PIDM
· Bringing non-traditional functions into Shared Services
· What higher-value tasks are Malaysian SSOs looking to undertake?
· Commercial and operational challenges for implementing new tasks
Azirruan ArifinHead of Shared Services
Process Excellence5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Case Study: Blueprint for Setting-up a Capability-led ‘Centres of Excellence’ Seng Yue Yau - Head of IT, British American Tobacco
· Challenges in standardising cross-departmental coordination and collaboration
· Involving BPOs early on in the automation process so customers and delivery teams achieve the full benefits of robotics
· Establishing enterprise-wide governance frameworks for IA implementation and process streamlining
Seng Yue YauHead of IT
British American Tobacco